Martial Arts Results

Forbidden Kill Strikes

Martial Arts Instructor Courses

Get Instant Access

Martial arts combat occurs when a character attacks with his bare hands, feet, or even head. No weapons are used, although a character holding a weapon in only one hand can attack with his weapon in one round and with his martial arts skill in the next.

The damage from any bare-handed martial arts attack is broken into two parts: 25% of the damage from the attack is normal damage; the remaining 75% is temporary damage. (See the Player's Handbook, Chapter 9, for a discussion of temporary damage.)

A character with martial arts skill makes a normal attack roll against the normal Armor Class of the target. (An armored attacker suffers the penalties from Table 57: Armor Modifiers for Wrestling, in the Player's Handbook.)

If the attack roll is successful, consult Table 16, using the original, unmodified die roll to determine the martial arts maneuver accomplished. The attacker may add any bonus for Strength to the damage done by the blow.

If, for example, the character rolls a 13 to hit, the result is a vitals punch doing 2 hp damage (plus the attacker's Strength bonus for damage).

Table 16 replaces the Martial Arts Results Table in The Complete Fighter's Handbook. It is arranged so that better blows result in more damage.

Table 16: Martial Arts Results

Attack

Martial Arts

Roll

Maneuver

Damage

19—20

Head Kick

4

17-18

Head Punch

3

15-16

Vitals Kick

3

13-14

Vitals Punch

2

11-12

High Kick

2

9-10

Side Kick

2

6-8

Body Punch

1

3-5

Low Kick

1

1-2

Graze

0

In an Oriental campaign, do not use the "%KO" column that appears with the equivalent table in The Complete Fighter's Handbook. Instead, knockout chances are covered by the Advanced Martial Arts rules under "Stunning and Incapacitating."

Was this article helpful?

0 0
Mixed Martial Arts

Mixed Martial Arts

Do You Want To Learn How To Protect Yourself? Have You Ever Thought About Learning The Art Of Self Defense? Discover The World Of MMA. The Complete Guide to Finally Understanding Mixed Martial Arts.

Get My Free Ebook


Post a comment