a, XXT POWER CONTROL.
(1) Controls transmitting power.
For longest battery lift, set at HIGH only when necessary.
(2) VOLUME CONTROLS.
* Controls on/off ana audio volume.
<3) DISPLAY DIM/VSPR CONTROLS, a. DIH.
* Controls LED display brightness. Turn conterclockwise to dim display. - b. VSPR (VHISPEF).
* In transmit, VSPR postion increases audio gain at the mouthpiece 10 dB.(When whispering, full audio power is transmitted.)
(4) FREQUENCY CONTROLS.
* Used to select frequencies. Active only when display is lit.
* Using SCAN capability to continuously scan radio activity on all 8 channels. (1) For SCAN operation, set up these controls:
b. Channel - any channel (keying is enabled on selected channel).
d. Set DISPLAY DIM and XXT POWER as desired.
Was this article helpful?