1. Swing I—Allows caster to leap up to 10' vertically or laterally, grasp and swing from a fixed object, and land perfectly (up to 20' away from the object). The object could be a tree, branch, rafter, rope, chandelier, etc.
2 . Speed I — Caster may act at twice his normal rate (i.e., 200% activity per round), but immediately afterwards, he must spend a number of rounds equal to the rounds speeded at half rate (i.e., only 50% activity per round).
3. Dodging I — Allows caster to dodge one non-spell attack (missile or melee) that occurs during the same round that this spell is cast. The caster must be able to see the attack (i.e. the attack cannot be from a foe to the rear or an invisible foe) and be must have room to dodge the attack; this results in the attack receiving a -50 modification.
4. Swing III — As Swing I, except three such maneuvers may be executed in rapid succession.
5. Flip I — Allows the caster to flip in any direction, landing up to 10' away (facing in any direction — no orientation roll required).
6. Haste I — As Speed /, except no half rate rounds are required.
7. Speed III — As Speed I, except duration is 3 rounds.
8. Dodging III — As Dodging I, except 3 attacks can be dodged.
9. Flip III — As Flip I, except the caster can execute three such maneuvers in rapid succession.
10. Speed V — As Speed I, except duration is 5 rounds.
11. Swing V — As Swing I, except five such maneuvers may be executed in rapid succession.
12. Haste III — As Haste I, except the duration is 3 rounds.
13. Dodging IV — As Dodging I, except 4 attacks can be dodged.
14. Swing X — As Swing I, except ten such maneuvers may be executed in rapid succession.
15. Speed VII — As Speed I, except duration is 7 rounds.
16. Haste IV — As Haste I, except the duration is 4 rounds.
17. Great Flip — As Flip I, except the total distance traveled is 1' per level.
18. Dodging V — As Dodging I, except 5 attacks can be dodged.
19. Speed X — As Speed I, except duration is 10 rounds.
20. Haste V — As Haste I, except the duration is 5 rounds. 25. Dodging True — As Dodging I, except all attacks can be dodged.
30. Haste X — As Haste I, except the duration is 10 rounds. 50. Evasions — Caster can use any one of the lower level non-Speed/Haste spells (on this list) each round.
See Section 7.1.24 in Spell Imw for additional rules regarding Speed and Haste spells.
Note: This list is identical to the Monk Base list with the same name.
1. Sly Ears — Caster gains double normal hearing. This results in +50 to Awareness maneuvers only involving hearing, +25 to Awareness maneuvers involving hearing and other senses.
2. Meditation Trance — Caster gains a special +25 modifier to one Meditation static maneuvers this round.
3. Sidevlsion—Caster has a 300° field of vision. The flank bonus for attacks against the caster is lowered to +5 and the rear bonus is lowered to +15.
4. Inner Perception II — Caster gains insight or facts by observing a person or thing with intense concentration. Gives the caster a +20 modification to applicable Awareness maneuvers.
5. Intuitions I — Caster gains a vision of what will probably happen within the next minute if he takes a specified action.
6. Detect Illusion — Caster can check one object or place (up to a 5' R) and tell if it is an illusion or has an illusion on it.
7. Sense Hostility — Caster is aware of any being within the area of effect that has hostile intentions towards him. The hostility must be directed specifically at the caster or the spell reveals nothing. The being's hostility must be active (i.e., driving the being to perform aggressive actions), not passive (i.e., hate exists, but no action is planned).
8. Touch — Caster gains extreme tactile sensitivity. This results in a bonus to all actions that require a sense of touch. For example, the caster might receive a +25 bonus for picking locks, disarming traps, opening secret doors, etc. In addition, this spell confers a +50 bonus to Awareness maneuvers involving only touch, +25 to Awareness maneuvers involving touch and other senses.
9. Recall — Caster gets a 25% chance of recalling some key fact or occurrence that he has experienced. This information should relate to the current situation (could be from his background or something that he has forgotten, GM's discretion). This spell gi ves the caster a +25 modification to his Memory stat bonus for one maneuver (e.g., the use of a Lore skill, one hand of a card game, etc.).
10. Inner Perception V — Caster gains insight or facts by observing a person or thing with intense concentration. Gives the caster a +50 modification to his applicable Awareness maneuver.
11. Intuitions II — As Intuitions I, except caster gets to gaze 2 minutes into the future.
Zen Monk Base List 20.2.3
Was this article helpful?