1. Body Weaponry I—Caster gains a +5 bonus to all martial arts attacks.
2. Nerve Strike I—Target suffers a-10 penalty to all actions for the duration of this spell. If the caster inflicts a critical on the strike the RR is modified as follows: 'A' -10; 'B' -20; 'C' -30; •D' -40; 'E' -50.
3. Quick Strike I — Caster may roll one extra die for initiative and choose which ones he wants to use.
4. Crushing Blow I — Caster can strike an inanimate object and deliver damage to it (taking no damage himself). Caster makes a normal unarmed attack against the object. In addition, there is a chance that the object will break if it has any flaws (e.g., cracks, fractures, etc.) in it. The chance is equal to 10% plus 1% per degree of severity of the critical delivered in the attack (i.e., 'A' critical = 11%, 'B' critical = 12%, etc.). This chance is modified by +10% to +50%, depending on the severity of the Haws.
5. Stunning Strike — Target is stunned for the duration of the spell.
6. Nerve Strike II — As Nerve Strike I, except modifier is -20.
7. Quick Strike II — As Quick Strike I, except caster may roll two extra die.
8. Body Weaponry II — As Body Weaponry I, except bonus is + 10.
9. Shadow Strike — Caster's next attack during this round does not appear to be forceful, but it is resolved as a normal attack.
10. Stunning Strike True — Target is stunned for the duration of the spell.
11. Crushing Blow II — As Crushing Blow I, except the base chance of breakage is equal to 25% plus 3% per degree of seventy of the critical delivered in the attack (i.e., 'A' critical = 28%, 'B' critical = 31%, etc.).
12. Nerve Strike III — As Nerve Strike I, except modifier is -30.
13. Body Weaponry III — As Body Weaponry I, except bonus is +15.
14. Paralysis Strike—Target is paralyzed for the duration of the spell.
15. Distance Strike—Caster can strike the target from a distance through the use of this spell. The strike is resolved as a normal melee strike made by an "unseen" foe. The caster must have a clear line-of-sight to the target.
16. Crushing Blow III — As Crushing Blow I, except the base chance of breakage is equal to 40% plus 6% per degree of severity of the critical delivered in the attack (i.e., 'A' critical = 46%, 'B' critical = 52%, etc.).
17. Find Weakness — Caster knows the weaknesses of his target. This spell must be successfully cast on the target before the Slaying Strike spell can be applied to the target.
18. Nerve Strike V — As Nerve Strike I, except modifier is -50.
19. Body Weaponry IV — As Body Weaponry 1, except bonus is +20.
20. Paralysis Strike True—Target is paralyzed for the duration of the spell.
25. Body Weaponry True — As Body Weaponry I, except bonus is +30.
30. Slaying Strike — The next attack made by the castcr in this round or next round is treated as a Slaying attack against its target. This spell may only be cast after a Find Weakness spell has been cast. No other spell may be cast after Find Weakness (or the Find Weakness must be cast again).
50. Distance Strike True — As Distance Strike, except caster can strike through intermediate objects. The caster can ignore any line-of-sight restrictions with regards to his target, providing he knows where his target is located. If the target is wearing arinor, he is treated as if he was ATI. Natural ATs are not affected.
1. Minor Presence — Caster is aware if there are thinking/ sentient beings within 20' but does not know their number or approximate location.
2. Empathy — Caster learns the target's basic feelings. The caster can concentrate on a new target each round.
3. Focus Chi II — This spell adds +20 to any one Self Control skill or Chi Powers skill maneuver.
4. Major Presence — Caster is aware of the presence of all sentient/thinking beings within 20'. He knows the general number and approximate location of the beings.
5. Cloaking I — (RR Mod = -50) Target makes a RR. Failure results in the caster being invisible to the target; others see the caster normally. If the caster makes an obvious action (e.g., talking, moving an object, etc.), the target may make another RR (the GM may deem it appropriate to apply modifiers to this RR based on the action the caster takes). If the caster attacks the target, the target may make another RR with a +50 modifier. The caster can extend the duration of this spell indefinitely as long as he concentrates.
6. Read Emotions — Caster learns targets emotions in detail. The caster can concentrate on a new target each round.
7. Suggestion — Target will follow a single suggested act that is not completely alien to him (e.g., no suicide suggestions, no blinding himself suggestions, etc.).
8. Cloaking III — As Cloaking I, except the caster can affect 3 targets (the caster makes one BAR that applies to all targets).
9. Focus Chi IV — As Focus Chi II, except bonus is +40.
10. Cloaking Sphere I — As Cloaking I, except every target in the area of effect must make an RR (one BAR every round for all targets). Once a target makes a successful RR, he need not make another RR against this spell.
11. Cloaking V — As Cloaking I, except the caster can affect 5 targets (the caster makes one BAR that applies to all targets).
12. Thoughts — Caster receives surface thoughts from target. If the target makes his RR by more than 25 he realizes that someone is trying to read his thoughts. The caster can concentrate on a new target each round.
Zen Monk Base List 20.2.5
Was this article helpful?